Saturday, February 21, 2009

Update on my brother

Thanks everyone for keeping my brother in your prayers. We got a call around 3 from him today. He said he really needed the stuff as fast as we could get it there. My mom started to talk about calling cards and not being able to find any listing that he can talk to her from Iraq and he proceeded to say " Mom, I am not in Iraq, my base has been shut down. I can't tell you where I'm at, but if you watch the news and see where those 17,000 troops were sent, thats where I'm at." He sounded really sad. This kind of stuff bothers me a lot because his first day at basic training he stepped off the bus and the sergeant or whatever he was hit him over the back and messed his back up really bad. They would not let him contact us for weeks, because they were scared he would tell. They kept it under wraps and had him treated there on base. As far as we know, that sergeant lost his job, but I still don't like the way they went about things. Anyways I went off on a tangent, sorry. I just thought I would inform everybody of the new news and when I get more I will tell you more. Thanks for being here for me right now. I really appreciate it and the prayers.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

So have you watched the news? Do you know where he is?? Wow that has to be so hard. I'm so sorry. This has to be so hard. Please keep us posted.

Vanessa @ See Vanessa Craft said...

I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Hopefully you will hear from your brother again really soon.

Bramblemoon Farm said...

Hello:) I wanted to welcome you to SITS. I'm so sorry about what happened to your brother. I hope you get to hear more from him now that he's contacted you. That has to be SO frustrating and so scary.

Related Posts with Thumbnails