Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Shots and after-season goodies!

Today has been a day. I woke up to my mom informing me that the second dose of my shots were due. Of course, I knew this but the last time I took the HPV shot I had some realy bad side effects and I've been scared to go back. Anyways I got my not-so-happy booty up out of bed and headed to get some food at Steak-n-shake with my mom. I really wanted an orange milkshake. Halfway there I realize I smell something kind of like the burning of breaks and you can tell its us. Then, I let down my window and on the passengers side of the vehicle you can hear metal. I was like this is not good, is it the break pad, the roder, the tire itself. I called my dad and he met us at steak-n-shake and we find out its the tire rod itself breaking. Lovely!! So we ate and took her vehicle home. I had to be at the health department by 3:30 and it was already 3:00 when I pulled in the drive. I had to fly to get there. We walked in the door at 3:31. They ended up not giving me the HPV shot this time because they wanted me to take it by itself. So between now and April I will have to have my last dose of that shot. They did on the other hand fuss with me and insist that I get two more shots on top of my Hepatitis shot. So I also had to get the Flu shot and the Swine Flu Shot. :(

After the shot visit, we had to go get a mirror from Rose's that we had gotten my niece for Christmas because my sister accidently broke it on the ride back to NC and she knew her daughter would be highly upset when she got back from visiting her father in Fl. While we was in there, my mom wanted to see if she could find some more stocking holders because with the two new additions this year, we were down two stoking holders and just hung two of the stockings on the China cabinet in the dining room. We was in heaven. Everything was 50%off and some we learned at the counter were 75% off. We got some train stocking holders for $1.25 each. They were simply adorable and then my mom was like I wonder if they have any big stockings because the kids could really use some new ones and one of them was using my old one. The kids usually have a really big stocking. So we looked and found some really cute big ones and ended up getting four. We payed a dollor for them. After we left the thought crossed our minds that both my brother and sister are planning on trying for more kids this year, so we probably should have gotten more than that, but we will get them pretty pink or blue baby stockings if we have any new additions. We also go some tins for our baked goods next year for $0.38. And we got the cutest rug with a cat and a dog on it that said "Santa Stop Here"!! I sadly didnt get to take any pictures of it because my mom came straight home and boxxed it up. :(

2 comments:

♥ Noelle ♥ said...

you should show some pics of those deals!!!

JMay said...

I agree, post some pics :-)

Cute blog you have hun.

Related Posts with Thumbnails